Thursday, October 15, 2009

FULL DAY......

Foundry Art Centre in Old St. Charles. Devoted to the arts and artists......wonderful studios and great space. They have two shows being featured right now with tons continually going on! Nice stop on your next trip to St. Charles.............

Meme and I spent the better part of the day in Old St. Charles. The first Capitol of Missouri, now is full of wonderful restaurants, shops and scenery:D Although it was overcast, we managed to have a great time and the weather was agreeable. We visited the "Foundry" which is a building devoted to the arts! They hold classes and meetings there while the also house several areas devoted to art shows. Today they were featuring the national quilt show winners. They also had a student art show hanging. Upstairs are the individual studios of many artists. They not only work there, but invite you in to see their work and explain their techniques. VERY INTERESTING......I was thrilled to finally visit this place that I had heard so much about:D


Alison is our oldest grandchild and is a senior at Webster Groves H.S. She is on the varsity volleyball team and tonight they not only played their biggest rivals, KIRKWOOD, but all the seniors were honored. Ali is #7 and is standing with her dad and mom at the presentation. That is Rog's oldest son, Chris. The game was so much fun to watch, but it brought back many memories to me. Four of Ali's team members are former students of mine. They have grown so much I hardly recognized them. I saw many of the parents of students that have been friends over the years. As we went to sit down.....our wonderful new superintendent was sitting right behind me....Sarah Riss! I have known her in many capacities over the last 15 yrs and was so glad to see her!!!!! Funny, that gym hasn't changed a bit since I was in school there many, many years ago. All my own children also graduated from this school and played many a game on that old gym floor.......memories...........memories...............

1 comment:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Good morning, Linda!

I am blog visiting at 3:45, in the morning. After my e-mail fiasco of night before last, I slept on and off yesterday and as a result, I am wide awake in the wee small hours.

As I was going along my follow list, I saw The Foundry mentioned and clicked over here. We have not been there. I always intend to venture up to the other end of Main Street and yet, never have. What a wonderful place.

Great post!

Thanks so much for the mention and lovely compliment, in your tablescape post. I love your table. Isn't it fun finding different elements to put together a scape? I love playing with dishes (a definite understatement).

Have a great weekend!