Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CRAZY about CRAZY QUILTING!

Well, it all happened so suddenly
I hardly realized I was being taken in.....LOL
I had a few minutes to kill
before meeting friends for lunch last Thursday.
I meandered across the street from the restaurant
to my favorite fabric store.
There, hanging over a chair
was this wonderful
quilt!
It looked so difficult it boggled the mind:)
After a few minutes of fabric inspiration......
Vicky asked if she could help me.
I said, "No thank you, just looking."
"Wait, could you tell me who made that gorgeous number
in the front of the store....
the one hanging over that chair?"
Vicky proudly said, "I did, do you like it?"
"LIKE IT" wasn't anywhere near strong enough to discribe my feelings for that quilt!!!!!
"Would you sell it?" I asked.
No, but I can show you how to do it....it is really easy!
YEA...I thought.
She doesn't understand that the only quilts I can make are "strip quilts"
and
I am not really good at that....LOL
The owner, Susan, quickly interjected.......
"Vicky, make her a copy of that article."
With copy in hand and "Thank You's" in order I took off for a fun lunch...........
still pondering that gorgeous quilt I had just seen.
Once home..............I quickly dug out all the scraps I had saved
(FOR WHAT I DON'T KNOW)....
started playing, with the article as a guide!
WELL LET ME TELL YOU.................IT WAS AS EASY AS SHE SAID!!!!!
In no time, I had made 3 beautiful 10 1/2" squares
and continued
into the wee hours of the night:)
Well, I can't say that the quilt is finished, but it is coming right along!
I will post a picture when it is all finished:)
If you haven't tried "Crazy Quilting" I would highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hi Linda,
I didn't forget about your question. I posted "what I am about" today.
By the way, there is nothing more fun than crazy quilting.

new jobs said...

what a lovely quilt