Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A little yard work....and a little more....


While zooming around with my camera outside.....I stopped to take a few inside! Here is our living room......


(click to enlarge)
Treadmills

With this beautiful weather (high today 75 degrees) I decided to spend a little time in the yard! I had purchased 8 white mums for the front yard. I have decided to try a white garden as I add and replace plants. I think I will rework this garden next spring since the trees have grown and shaded it a majority of the day:D White flowers and Hostas should do a nice job here. I planted MANY lilies originally, but that was where it was sunny all day. This year the blooms were few and far between......so the time has come to look at an alternative garden. In this collage you can see some of the mums I planted and the large pot that sits just off the front porch. Also, the Hyacinth Bean (one of my new favorite plants) has done so well in the sun of my back deck. I also have several planted in a pot underneath the deck with the vine climbing up the legs of the deck! The beautiful purple ruffled flowers remind me of "Sweet Peas" (that I have absolutely NO, NONE, NADA....luck with). Once the flowers fall off these wonderful purple pods appear......which last through to the first freeze. Next year a will plant more!!!!!! Ferns, Oh My, they have reacted to the wet summer with beauty and profuse growth. Anyway, thought I would share a few photos of my yard since it hasn't really been much to see since the June pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos of your yard are gorgeous and so is your living room!

We don't have any new mums, yet. Need to get around to picking some up. We have lots of buds on the older mums. Can't wait!

FleasKneesStudio.blogspot.com said...

Wow; your home and garden grow more gorgeous every day! I'm inspired! And where did you find the hyacinth bean; I never heard of it, but it sounds fab. Keep up the good work, girlfriend. Linda, too.

lindaharre said...

I got the pods filled with seeds from my nephew! He grows a huge arbor of them in his backyard:D I don't know if you can purchase them, but I would think you could find them online. If you can't find them, let me know Linda and I will save some for you:D