Thursday, October 17, 2013

Completed "Pinwheel" and "Fence Post" Quilts! (I made up that name....ha)




Although I used only scraps on this quilt (except the gray and backing), I followed the scheme of a completed quilt I saw at Janie Lou's here in Warson Woods!
I was pleased the way it turned out but wish I had made it a little bigger.




Actually I learned after the fact that the original had blue, not gray connection pieces.
I love it when you go with something that doesn't appear to go together....and WOW!
That is how this quilt strikes me :)



This quilt is my version of a pinwheel quilt.
I think it would make a wonderful and happy babies quilt.
I will put away until the next baby comes along :^)




I made the binding out of a charm pack that I had left over.
Just cut a second "charm pack" in half and then sewed all the small pieces together.
I like the way that turned out! 

No comments: