Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Surprise!



 I have one of the most thoughtful husbands a girl could as for!
He never ceases to amaze and surprise me:D
On Sat. while preparing to meet the kids for lunch
I walked into the kitchen to find
a beautiful plant (Yellow Calla Lily) sitting on the counter!
It put an immediate smile on my face
and I headed downstairs to thank the man!!!!
My eyes caught a glimpse of something new
on the deck!
Upon further investigation
I discovered the most beautiful
Orange Hibiscus tree waiting for me there:)
As my eyes wandered over the deck
I was amazed to see
more and more plants put there
by one sweet and thoughtful man!!!!
Waiting for me were two Mandevilla plants
Pink and Red!!!!
There was also the most beautiful Foxglove
that will be planted in the garden
after the blooms fade:D
Sitting by the backdoor was the
Topiary I had drooled over
at the nursery
along with a lovely Gardenia plant.







 In the background on the trellis 
are my Heavenly Blue Morning Glory plants 
I started from seed
and 
a bucket of Caladium plants 
I am starting from bulbs:D

This deck is like a little slice of heaven to me.....
a place to read, 
listen to the rippling water from the fountain
and 
feel the soft warm breeze on my face!
A place we unwind at the end of the day:D

Thanks honey for making it so lovely for me!





2 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Oh, what a sweetheart your hubby is! What lovely plants he bought you! I especially love the topiary and Foxgloves! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Michelle

Rose Garden Romantic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.