Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ode to My Feet:D


These little appendages

have been with me the entire time......all 67 years!

WOW, that is loyalty.

They have grown with me,

suffered numerous abuses

and

even been broken several times.

They have never been given the credit they are due,

after all they have NEVER let me down.

I have been insensitive to their needs many times along the way

.....for instance after 1 break, 2 breaks and even 3 breaks....

did I get off of them and let them heal?

NO......I kept on truckin

simply

enveloping them in a black boot!

Shame on me.

I have allowed them to be uncovered in the hot sun

all day while going merrily on my way.....

never thinking that they would get burnt sticking out as they do:(

They have been forced into stylish shoes

with pointy toes,

made to endure the pain of high heels

and even suffered the abuse of walking naked over rocks and nails.

I should be ashamed of myself!


Well, in their later years

I have been more thoughtful.......

taking them to be pampered a bit now and then:D

They love the fancy paint, soothing creams

and

even the rough sand paper

getting rid of that nasty dry skin

they acquire from sandal wearing.

I am trying to give credit where credit is due......

my support system,

"I couldn't have done it without you!!!"

No comments: