Sunday, May 03, 2009

Maeystown, Ill.

Maeystown, Ill. is about 1/2 hour away from St. Louis city!
They celebrate their Fruehlingsfest each year
on the ground of their stone mill in the historic part of town!
The river running behind the grounds is CHARMING with a capitol "C"!
This little German town puts on quite an event for one Sunday in May.....including antiques and plants! A wonderful way to spend the day!
Today was no exception.....
the clouds were there,
but the rain stayed away
and
the weather was perfect for some eating and shopping.
I found a darling crystal lamp for my laundry room
and an antique doll head.
That came home as well as a group of herbs
that are already planted in a large pot on the deck. A little wine garden was set up along the river as well as many street vendors selling potatoe pancakes, brats, fish and pork steaks. The little town is charming and worth a drive in the spring and summer of the year:)






5 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

oohhhhh Linda it looks like so much fun! :) Wish we had more things like that around here! :)

nelda ream said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. Your pictures look like post cards they are so pretty.

Debby said...

Love all the pics, so much fun, the perfect day.

cheryl kuhn said...

oh my gosh, I am drooling over all those wonderful architectural elements! Glad that you had such a fun day!

JUST ME said...

Linda,

Wishing you a very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

I am so glad that you enjoyed the fest.... I hope I can definitely make it next year. My life has been crazy busy since I moved back to IL.

Miss being bored sometimes.

Love ya,

Angelica