Friday, March 27, 2009

Where Does Inspiration Come From?????











Yesterday, as I was leaving our subdivision.......I spied a "Garage Sale". If I made it snappy I could take a quick look and be on my way! Well, there on this buffet sat a collection of little clowns:) I love anything having to do with the circus!!! The bottom was marked Taiwan and the owner said they were at least 35 years old. A gift from her husband when their first child was born...(made me sad to think she was getting rid of them:( There were 5 and she wanted 8.00 for the lot! I made my purchase and got back in the car. While driving to our "Workday" I was thinking how I could use these. Within minutes I had it all planned......I would make little "Birthday Boxes" and top them with little clowns:) On my way home from Workday I stopped at Michael's and purchased the necessary supplies....since my stash was running low. Before the evening was over I had completed two of the five...soon to be....Birthday Boxes! Inside is hidden some paper grass with marbles. Isn't it funny where inspiration comes from?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, these are fantabulous!!!

Karin said...

Those are soooo adorable!!! I love the expressions on their faces and the colors are work so perfectly. By the by, I was flipping through one of my old Sommersets and found your article on your journals. I have it open to that page on my desk as inspiration for me to finally get started on my own. I love looking at the page...it makes me happy! I adore the ones you did for your grandkids. I hope mine can turn out beautiful.