Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why can't I stick to one thing....for a reasonable amount of time???



I find myself in a swirling dance between my sewing machine and my studio! Oh my, I make myself dizzy. Fits and starts......fits and starts! For example.....this morning I got up and still in Jammies I started working on some journals that are half finished. O.K. except that on my way upstairs to get more tea....I stopped at my sewing machine and decided to finish a cute little vintage lace lamp shade I started last night :) I can handle that much...........but, sitting right in front of me was this neat old trunk I bought yesterday at a thrift store. Without even thinking, I picked up the piece of sandpaper that was on top and started working on shabby-ing it up a bit. I managed to get all kinds of black paint dust on my hands and decided that probably wasn't a good idea right not since I was still working on a WHITE LAMP SHADE!!!! Oh My.......then, back to the journal where I completed most of the job, but not before deciding that the same approach could be used on another journal I started the other day! By this time......I feel anxious and don't even want to take time to visit the throne room (if you know what I mean.....like a little kid). Over my life I have attributed this constant flurry to ADD! Not sure if that is the real cause....but the ideas keep flowing and I keep running after them like a cat chasing a mouse...LOL

Below (actually they will probably end up above) I am putting a few images to go along with this tale....so you don't think I am exaggerating! Write me if you have the same symptoms.......would enjoy knowing I am not alone! (by the by.....I am still in Jammies and it is fast approaching 1:00 pm.)

4 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I know it exactly. My self diagnosis is AAA. Art Anxiety Attack. And I am also totally aware of my muse right there with me. Actually, I blame it on her. Everything is looking so good though. So go for it or with it.

Charlie Eichorn said...

If I didn't know better I would think I had written that post. Me, too! And the friend that I craft with suffers from the same syndrome, whatever it may be. It isn't just art with me - I do it with housecleaning too. I take something to put it away in another room and the next thing I know I'm off doing something else.

Anonymous said...

I share the same ailment but have decided to just go with it and quit worrying about it. I do it with art projects, sewing and house work. I have been like this so long that when I cannot find the dishcloth, I know to look in the refrigerator!

Tautchia said...

LOL!!! I could have written this post verbatim!

Like the others who have commented, I also do this with everthing... housework, paperwork, art, decorating, organizing,etc. I am totally ADD when it comes to sticking to one thing...

...must be more common than we think...


btw.. the journals are looking great! Love the bird!