Thursday, January 17, 2008

It is all about VINTAGE!


Treadmills
I simply love VINTAGE anything........ old fabric, old paper, old toys, old ads, old recipes, old homes, old stories and old people! Something about the history adds such character. There is wisdom in age.... memories.... reminders of a more gentle time. When things moved more s-l-o-w-l-y and people took more time to enjoy the little things in life!
When what was acquired through hard work was taken care of and not taken for granted! When a person's word was their most important asset and could be trusted.
With our economy slipping daily, I hope the result will be a slowing down......
With food prices going up and gasoline at an all time high
maybe we will start spending more time at home
sharing our time with our neighbors and families
and
less on being entertained and fed outside our homes!
Recipes and home cooking could become really popular again along with
board and card games.
Recycling would be the rule and care for our planet at the top of the list!
I know I am preaching to the choir because most of the blogs
I read boast sewing, great recipes and thrifting
BUT
that is the exception in our country....not the rule.
So
If you will indulge me.....I will now step down off my soapbox:D
Have a wonderful THURSDAY......

2 comments:

JUST ME said...

I love this post Linda. I have to admit I am one of the busy ones out there. With soccer and work and kids school. There have been days though that I just stay at home in my pjs all day and just hang out and I love it. I recently purchased a Diary of a man named WH Woodard. The entries go from Jan. 1900 to Jun. 1900 and I have enjoyed reading about his everyday life. He entered logs daily. I know if you read it you would enjoy it. The sad thing is that after June he stopped writing so I do not know what happened. Very interesting! Don't forget this weekend is the Belleville Flea Market. Sat and Sun. Okay I will let you go. Thanks for the POST!

Angelica

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

~Teri~