Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sweet Little Alice Blue Gown......



Treadmills
There used to be a song my mom sang to me that had that line in it! It seems appropriate here:D This is a little outfit I have been working on the past two days. I made up my own pattern because I wanted to do some rucheing....also spelled rouche! That is where a strip of fabric is ruffled on both sides and then inserted between two flat pieces of fabric. It is making a come-back and can be found on pillows etc. Anyway, I wanted to try it..........I found this gorgeous pin whale pale blue corduroy at that shop I mentioned a post or two back. Along with that I bought some wonderful pale blue dotted swiss.....sooooo old fashioned:D Combining the two I came up with this. It can be worn with a blouse or white "T" underneath for cool weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little outfit! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us! *HUGS*

PAT said...

These little outfits, you're making, are just so cute! I can't say enough about them.

Pat

Lori said...

Linda, i love that sweet outfit you made! i think ruching is just adorable...and dotted swiss is always so pretty and girly! great job!!!