Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sew Simple:D


Treadmills
Carrie and I were shopping at the Mall the other day and saw these darling little numbers at Macy's.........I knew I could knock it off, but wasn't sure about sewing on knit fabric! It had been years since I did a little "stretch and sew" and I couldn't remember what stitch to use so that it wouldn't break the thread when putting the garment on. I figured if I stretched the fabric while sewing and used a basic zig zag I would probably be all right. The result is cute.....can't wait to see it on Milly

4 comments:

Aleta said...

That little outfit is so darn cute!! I wish I had little one's around to do sewing for. Someday! Until then, I will sew dresses for bears. (sigh)

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Sharon Tomlinson said...

You are amazing and I know you just can't help yourself. Can you?

Jeanne said...

I do so love the wild zebra flounce! Your fabric combinations are always spectacular! Your story of seeing a similar dress at Macy's reminded me of my high school days when my mother and I spied a prom dress at Marshall Field's (formerly Macy's here in the midwest)that we copied and made by combining several different sewing patterns. It was the first (and only) time I worked with chiffon. And believe it or not, I still have that dress!!!

PAT said...

So cute Linda!! You are amazing!

Pat