Saturday, June 02, 2007

Our Annual Neighborhood Tag Sale!!!

Treadmills
Today was the day that the streets are impassable......starting at around 6:00 am. Every good garage-saler in town heads to Eureka for the Annual Legends Garage Sale! That is not really the case, but we do draw a crowd:) I have more fun going......than in setting up shop! Just a few of my finds are pictured below (or above.....whatever blogger decides to do with them:). I found this darling terra-cotta head planter and of course headed right to Walmart for something to fill it! Here it is already full and on my deck table just waiting for company. Also, I found these two metal handpainted vases? Not sure what to call them, but I think I will make some topiary trees for them to sit on my mantle. Aren't they cute:) Then, there is the fabric. I actually got about 6 yards of wonderful fabric....one piece of Mario Buatta for Waverly and a plaid piece as well......all upholstery weight....but.....THIS PIECE was the real treasure! Having been an interior decorator for some years, I had never seen this pattern before. I can see a wonderful tote made from this.....maybe you will see it on Etsy down the way...ha...ha! See the shells? I have been collecting coral for the past year......now that it is endangered it is hard to find. The best bet is a garage sale or estate sale! Well, right before my eyes was this entire box of shells and coral......a must have on my list. So here you see it in a semi permenant state on my coffee table. That looks light and summery:) Oh yes, then the picture frames. One was from G.W. about a week ago (a whapping 6.00) while the other smaller one was aquired today at the sale....2.00 bucks........WOW! Anyway, it was sure fun......my step-daughter, Laura, came over to shop with us:)

No comments: