Saturday, March 03, 2007

Support Autism Research!






Treadmills
It doesn't seem fair that some (many) innocent children can not take part in life the way they should!!!!! Tonight I just wanted to BELLOW and SCREAM! It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it gets the better of me and I just want to let it all out. My precious granddaughter is becoming more and more separated from her peers. Her sweet little way is still stuck back at 2 yrs. old, but her body has grown to 4. There are so few things that she really gets involved with and this big exercise ball is one of them. She loves to push it around and bounce it:) Tonight she decided she wanted it up the stairs and there was no stopping her! About the 4th step up she called for "granpa" to help!
This little girl is my joy and I can't wait to see her and am sorry when she goes home! Margo and Granpa have a special bond! She has him wrapped around her little finger.......all he has to hear is grannnnnnnnnnnnpa and he lights up like a Christmas tree! She says very little, but she does say "nana" and "granpa" which melts our hearts. I don't know what I would do without her......she is such an integral part of my happiness! How can something that makes you so happy make you so sad! I guess I must just count my blessings and that God that I have her in my life:)

9 comments:

Sue said...

God Bless you for being such a loving and supportive Grandma. My autistic son is 16 now. Out of a huge family only my Mom has been supportive and she is miles away. It would have made life so much nicer had others showed they cared over the years. I wish you and that adorable granddaughter the very best!!!

Kari said...

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. As you know, I have a 3.5 yr. old son with Autism. It can be sooooo frustrating, but at the same time these little people are the biggest blessings in the world. Your granddaughter is a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are such a great person and I mean that every time I write that......

She is so lucky to have someone that loves her as much as you and your husband.

God Bless you both!

love angelica

Vintage Papers said...

what a wonderful and supportive Grandma you are...and such a sweet little girl you have!

Susan Tuttle said...

I know what you are saying Linda--it's because you love her more than anything you could ever name--and because you do, you feel the depths of each happiness and each sadness so strongly.

She is so lucky to have her Granma and Granpa!

Hugs,
Susan

Boxwood Cottage said...

*wipes off tears* bless YOU, Margo and Granpa! Hugs to you Carol xox

Terri said...

She is so beautiful! She reminds me of my Gillian a few years back. God bless you.
Terri

One Crabapple said...

Margo is lucky to have you and Grannnnpa in her life !

With that alone she will do better than so many children with autism I am sure.

It must be terribly frustrating Lin, to see this little pre-woman seperated from the world you might like for her to know. Well, again I say, she is lucky to have someone as sweet and smart and understanding and caring as you.

I bet ART helps her too. (doesn't it help us all ?) And she has a super teacher for that !!! YOU.

Merci-Notes said...

Yes, she is a most beautiful and precious gift.