Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oh No@#%#$%&^^$


Treadmills
Well, as the saga of the retiring teacher continues........I have to add yet another chapter:( After suffering pain in my left foot and ankle for the past 11 days.......I rushed into the doctor:) Not really, I have been going to the chiropractor every other day for the past week for acupuncture (sp?) and electro-therapy! The problem was.....it was getting worse and more swollen:( Yesterday, I could take it no longer and went to the Urgent Care close by. After more xrays they found a stress fracture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, NO, NO.........three days before our trip to Vegas. We are to drive to K.C. Sunday to stay with my son and daughter-in-law and then Monday we were all flying to Vegas for a nice fun vacation. This was our Birthday present from Jeff and Arica:) As luck would have it.....the doc said absolutely no pressure on the foot as in wheelchair or crutches:( Do you have any idea how hard it is to race around on crutches. First, you can't carry a thing with you.....no arm loads of tea, cigs, mail and other sundry items. Since my computer and studio are on the lower level of our home......that means stairs......need I say more! How do we create art without flying around the studio getting this and that to try for the effect we want:( How will I fly.................
Well, it is what it is and I will see an orthopedic doc this afternoon......my only hope now is a walking cast (but my hopes are not very high since the doc at U.C. said it will not heal with any weight on it:( Well, I know there are worse things out there and I should be thankful......like strong little JoAnna! And I am........but if you see a old lady being pushed through the cassinos at the Golden Nugget......you can guess who it is:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read you have been sidelined! Hoping for the best from the orthopedist. Take care. Take good care.

lindaharre said...

Thanks Joan.......I appreciate your support:) not literally...ha..ha hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this and right before our little trip....

You need to take care of yourself though....I agree with Joan...

Hoping for the best news for you...

Angelica

Boxwood Cottage said...

No no no indeed! Oh poor Linda! I hope you're foot will have a speedy recovery! *fingers crossed* Hugs Carol xox