Wednesday, March 07, 2007

More Goodwill Finds....................






Treadmills
Several of you asked that I post more GOODWILL finds......so here goes! I love recycling everything and Goodwill is right up my alley! It is amazing to me what people get rid of:) I guess I should thank those generous folks for making my bargain hunting such fun!
First I found two beautiful crocheted comforters or blankets. I love neutral colors and especially shades of white and cream! I got each of these for 4.00 and both are in "new" condition! What a find......I almost couldn't wait to get them out of the store because I was sure they had made a mistake and would take them away or tell me they were MUCH MUCH MORE! I collect vintage aluminumware and found this great tray for 3.00 along with a cute jar/lid (great to put an assemblage in:), some vintage woodburning patterns, a cute bunny head, a sea urchin and a batik scarf! Now, did I need this stuff..................of course not, but who could pass up such wonderful finds for next to nothing:) There is also a cameo brooch in that mix. That will find it's way into one of my boxes.......
If you have never tried looking through your local thrift shops, I would highly recommend it! You never know what you will uncover:)
I almost forgot my wonderful shadowbox of butterflies! Perfect for my mantel with other botanicals (eggs purchased from the recent visit to the vintage paper show!

4 comments:

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Look at your goodies!
I went by 4 different thrifty places today and barely found anything. What great finds.
Donna

Becky said...

all right- fess up...which good will are you going to??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Great finds Linda.... I should go visit mine. It always looks packed with people. I wonder what treasures I would find. If the weather is nice this weekend the fleamarket outside in Warrenton might be open......

Love, Angie

Boxwood Cottage said...

Great finds Lin! I especially love the Peter Rabitt head and the cameo brooch!