Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Down Tin Pan Alley.......

This little piece I started last night and just finished! I stamped the image of a nest and eggs onto a piece of brass that had been aged with a patina. Then I found pieces of tin that were complimentary to the piece. Using some lettering from one of the tins I created the word nest by simply cutting out the tin. Using eyelets, I secured the nest onto the background piece of tin. Once it was all filed and clean, I added some beads and ribbon to hand it by. I really like the colors of this piece and thought it turned out quite nicely.
Today I received the most wonderful email.....telling my that my work has been chosen to be published.....I will tell you more as time goes by.......................Needless to say, I WAS THRILLED!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

One Crabapple said...

WEll of course you are to be published !

It as only a matter of time before you were discovered my dear ! Can't wait to hear the details now .... !
Is it a tin piece ?

Or one of your wonderful collages ?

Remember we were talking about workshops ? well...it won't be long now and they will be asking you to do those too !

This is GREAT news ! Congratulations.

Do tell more. AND SOON !