Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Corey, this is for you.......

corey wrote to ask if these are corn flowers? i don't think so, but if anyone else knows what they are please post it in the comment section:) the blooms are about 2 1/2" to 3" in diameter. they are bienial (sp?) the first year they are just a green leafed plant....the second year the leaves even look different and this wonderful stem starts growing. the blooms occur several places down the stem. they are beautiful plants and are invasive if you don't keep tabs on them. they were given to me by a friend many years ago:) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they are cornflowers Latin name = "Centaurea" there are many varieties s annuals, bieennials and perennials. This looks like Montana. It is a perennial. I have just spent the last year studying horticulture so I had better show my tutors I learnt something. They are beautiful.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Oh I thought so!! Aren't they just wonderful!!

Thank you !!